Tuesday, May 26, 2015

An Introduction

Surprise! I have a new blog. I have been thinking about this blog for a while now. This is a blog about me wanting to be a parent. On the whole, it's about my journey to be a mom, even though at this time, we are not officially on the Paper Path to Parenthood (which is a phrase I am going to use from now on, because I like it.) But I have so many thoughts and feelings to share. And people are always asking us where we are in this process. If I had to compare it to writing a book, I'd say that right now we're working on the plot outline. The last time we tried this, we were in the middle of the prologue and got stuck. But the book is happening, people. Great works of literature just take time.

So why did I start this blog? As I mentioned above, I have things to share. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings. I don't think that I want to necessarily put all that on my other blog, which started out as a record of my life with Brandon and is mainly a Compassion advocacy blog now. And I knew that when we started the process of adopting, I would want to start a separate blog for that.

As it so happened, I was reading some other adoption blogs recently and was marveling at all these cute and witty and adorable names people have for their blogs. How do they come up with those?? I don't know. But one afternoon, one popped into my head. I think I was thinking about going out to eat for someone's birthday, and when we go out to eat, we always have a bunch of people, because Brandon has a big family. So it's usually "Jones, part of 7," or more if someone else joins us! And that's where the name for this blog popped into my head. I went ahead and registered the name before I was planning on starting the posts, to be honest. I didn't think I'd write on here until we were starting paperwork. But as I said, I have a lot of thoughts and feelings. Anyway, I think that the name works for this blog in this season because it has to do with waiting, too- except we aren't waiting for a table at a restaurant, we're waiting to be a family. And we don't know who will be joining our party yet.

So welcome to my blog/journey/journal of stuff. If you decide to follow along, you'll be hearing the heart of someone who is burdened with an overwhelming desire to be a momma. Someone whose heart breaks for so many children that she'd really like to adopt from every country where that's a possibility. Someone who has tried doing this once before and failed (pretty early on in the process, though, so that saved some heartache.) And someone who has been WAITING and WAITING and WAITING and still has some waiting ahead of her.

And I also want to share prayer requests on here, too. Probably one per post. So for this entry, I'd like to ask you to pray for patience for me. Some days I am more restless than others. Today is a restless day. Yesterday was a restless day, too. Not a weepy one, for which I am thankful, but it's still hard to deal with. And in the next few posts on here, I'll share a little bit about how I got this way, and what we are waiting for, and where we think we are going.


2 comments:

  1. Exciting! I'm madly passionate about adoption as well (I very nearly had an adopted sister from India, but it didn't work out) and I also dream of adopting some day... I follow a lot of adoption blogs, so I'm excited to add this one to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and concept for a blog. I will be praying for patience also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!