Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Where Dreams Come True

I think I'm done with the informational posts for now. When I started this blog, I told you that some posts would be informational and others would be more like journaling, sharing my heart. This post falls into the second category.

I am a daydreamer. Big time. I think at least 20% of my brainpower is devoted to daydreaming and planning ahead. I think I mentioned before that I was planning the most minute details of my honeymoon- which day we'd visit which Disney parks, what restaurants we'd go to and what we'd eat while we were there- over a year before the trip. If I have something to look forward to, I plan the heck out of it. The plans are flexible, of course. I'm not planning a schedule, or anything. But I like thinking about what I'm going to do and how I'm going to have fun. I think it comes from an appreciation of knowing what's going to happen, a love of structure, and the simple fact that my life is pretty boring on a day-to-day basis, so looking forward to something is a bit of an escape.

One of the things I like to daydream about is what it will be like when we have a family. Sometimes I'll see something and file it away for later- like when Brandon and I were watching a movie last week, and it took place in Montana, before much of the West was settled.So I'm sitting there, thinking "gosh, that land is beautiful. I want to go there. It'd be amazing to see in person." And then that train of thought turns into "wouldn't it be fun to go on a cross-country trip? We should see if anyone in our family has a camper. I wouldn't want to stay in a tent. When we have kids, we should go camping out west. But we definitely need a camper." I have never really had a desire to go camping before, so I don't know where that came from.

Then there's the big dream- Disney World. Some people think Disney is just kind of fun. Some people think it's overrated and too expensive and not worth it. I adore Disney World. Adore it. I can't think of a better word. Every time I've been there since I got married (three times) I can't help but think, while I'm there, what it will be like when I have my own kids and I get to take them to Disney. I will tell you right now that as soon as I become a mom, I will start saving for a trip to Disney. That's like, number two on my priority list: get a kid, then take said kid to Disney World. I want to do the whole Disney surprise thing, like those videos that go viral from time to time. There was one that was shared recently, where a little boy started crying tears of joy when he found out that he was going to get to go to Disney World! I identify with that kid! Sometimes just seeing one of their commercials makes me tear up! I want to get the Mickey ears and do the character dinners and eat Mickey waffles and get all excited about meeting the characters and watch the parades, all as a family. I'm so excited by the idea of  taking them on my favorite rides and showing them all my favorite things, sharing my excitement with them, and learning what their own favorite things are. I have no idea when it's going to happen, but I am already looking forward to it!





1 comment:

  1. I look forward to eventually reading your blog post about visiting Disney with your kids :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!